Re: safe /tmp/foo directory API ...

On 2003.05.31 00:51, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	As part of the ongoing ORBit2 re-work, I just added the
> 'ORBit_get_safe_tmp' API, so we should be able to use that to get the a
> safe tmpdir for the gconf local locks patch in 2.4. You can call it
> without initializing the ORB.
>
> 		Michael.

Well, it is useful feature, but is not a part of OBRit layer.
Directory manipulation is matter of GLib the basement library, isn't it?

Furthermore, as you said, if the API is accessible without initializing
ORBit, it's not an ORBit API. And as ORBit has dependency over
other GNOME family, there's no reason to put 'util' stuff of ORBit own.

I mean, ORBit_get_safe_tmp() should be displaced in GLib.

regard,
kz.