Schema deinstallation

Hello,

[ To the list owner: do not approve my previous message. I've decided to
  subscribe the list, it will be better ;) Thanks. ]

I'm the maintainer of several gnome2 packages in the NetBSD Packages
Collection. It's very difficult to keep track of GConf's configuration
database from inside the package (conflicting files between packages for
example). I've managed this situation creating a framework for our
package system; it's definetly a hack. I'm afraid that it will find break
some day with complex programs (and, of course, it *will* *break* when not
using the xml backend). Weird :(

Aside from that framework: I register schemas using gconftool-2
--makefile-install-rule into the system wide database, as the
documentation says. This all OK: GConf will know what to do.

The problem comes at deinstallation time. I haven't found a clean way to
remove all stuff that was registered in the previous step. It could be
nice to have a "--makefile-deinstall-rule" or something so that GConf
could cleanly remove everything from the database if it was not modified
by the administrator (with an optional flag to force removal always).

Is it there something like this, actually? What about implementing it?

Thank you.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv menta net>