Re: DESTDIR instead of GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 01:19, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 01:14:33AM +0200, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
> >
> > How about this change?
> >

> Hasn't this been discussed in the past? I don't remember all the
> issues.

Cant remember. Sorry if it was... Seems to me to be a change of
something obscure with something little less obscure. (In fact honoring
DESTDIR and not installig the schema feels quite natural as a start)

> I'm not sure we use DESTDIR in RPM installs all the time.
> Sometimes just "make install libdir=/wherever sysconfdir=/wherever"

In my ideal world the specs look something like this:

%configure --disable-schemas-install

But of course this would require a gconf HEAD release, persuading the
maintainers....all close to impossible feats ;)

Regards
Yanko