Re: GConf help

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:35, Ryan Nix wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there an easy way to configure the desktop, like a GUI or something
> similar?  We want to get rid of nearly everything is the Gnome Menu on
> Red Hat 8 except log out and lock screen.

If you only want to do it for a single user, double-click Start Here,
then Applications... that essentially gives you an iconic view of the
GNOME Menu that you can add to and delete from to your heart's content.
(You might need to restart the panel afterwards.)

If you want to do it for a whole group of users, you probably want to
read the "Customizing Menus" chapter of the draft GNOME System
Administrator's Guide:
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.0/menustructure-0.html

Cheeri,
Calum.