Re: local locks

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:41:08PM -0700, Andreas J Guelzow wrote:

If the app can't find a working gconfd then the app will be responsible for any fallback. This can't be gconfd responsibility since it apparently isn't around. I suspect that the app may use a hardwired fallback font, and on machine#2 that font may not be available.

i have a small 4 computer network with NFS mounted /home.
gconf-sanity-check-1 fails practically every day.  It's
almost not worth using gnome because gconf is daily
borked.  When can i switch over to local locks?

We have been running gconfd on a network with 45 machines and nfs mounted home directories for a long time with only the rare problem (orphaned lock files). We just found it important to have nfs working correctly :-) and the /etc/hosts.allow file set-up right.

We found the kernel nfs server to work the best.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow