gconf_entry_get_schema_name() returns NULL

Title: Message
Hi,
   I have a gconf key (say "/apps/foo/bar") in a gconf client. The corresponding schema is present in "/schemas/apps/foo/bar".
   Through an application I tried to modify the value of "/apps/foo/bar"  and after modifying when I call gconf_entry_get_schema_name() it returns NULL. But when I close the application and restart it, the function returns correct value.
   I don't understand why the gconf_entry_get_schema_name() is not returning the schema path for the modified gconf key in this particular scenario.
    Can anyone let me know what could be the problem?

Regards,
Pasu