Re: Alternative approach to disabling schemas install

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 19:09, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Yanko Kaneti <yaneti declera com> writes:
> > Its a bit longer and requires Makefile.am modifications in every package
> > and not only the spec ... but... it looks cleaner to me.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> I agree that it's cleaner, but I think people will be lame and not get
> it right... the current way does _work_...

Well, I dont think there will be much difficutly in promoting the two
lines of if that are required to support this.  And for the maintainers
to pick it up.

If we decide that the option should be displayed uncoditionaly by
configure help (as it is in the patch above) then it would be somehow
necessary for the packages to add the support for it.

The other approach is to hide it conditionaly and use a
AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2 parameter to enable it for the packages that want this
functionality.

> I'm not opposed to adding the configure option as well though it
> should probably wait until we branch for 2.1.x.

Oki. Though I feel sucky for not brnging this up sometime before the g2d
release. But thats life...

Regards
Yanko