GConf group of changes

Dear all,

I am working on the GNOME Onscreen Keyboard project (http://www.gok.ca/ and module 'gok' in the GNOME CVS). We would like to store settings for gok using GConf and have some questions we were hoping you could answer for us.

We draw a keyboard onscreen that is dependent on a number of settings such as

key_width
key_spacing
key_height
word_complete
number_predictions

We are thinking of storing these in a GConf area /apps/gok/layout

We are presenting the user with a dialog box for modifying these settings that has an OK button. When the user selects the OK button we were thinking of writing any changed settings to GConf.

Now, if the keyboard drawing code is listening for changes at /apps/gok/layout it seems that it will get potentially 5 update notifications (one for each key listed above) and that will result in 5 keyboard redaws.

I was wondering if you could tell me if we are thinking of using GConf in the correct way? I have tried using a change set but many notifications still result. Could you tell me please if there is currently any way to communicate to GConf that a group of changes should only result in one notification?

Thank you very much,
Simon.