Re: gconf_client_recursive_unset

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> writes:

> I was in need of removing a GConf directory from my code, which uses
> GConfClient, and didn't find anything apart from
> gconf_engine_recursive_unset.
>
> So, here's a patch that adds gconf_client_recursive_unset function. Just
> tested for my particular case, and it worked perfectly.
>
> Also, I've added gconf-sources.h to the list of header files to install,
> since GConfUnsetFlags is defined there, and is needed by the new
> prototype in gconf-client.h
>
> Can I commit?

This breaks the API freeze. For now you have to call all_entries then
call _unset on each entry. Or you could g_spawn ("gconftool-2
--unset-recursive /foo") perhaps.

When we do add this function publicly UnsetFlags should be moved,
rather than installing gconf-sources.h - gconf-sources.h is a private
header with a bunch of private stuff in it.

Thanks for the patch though, it's certainly planned post-GNOME-2. If
you want to open a bugzilla bug and attach the patch that'd be
appreciated.