Re: gconf on multiple machines

Havoc Pennington wrote:

"Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow taliesin ca> writes:

I am setting up gnome1.4 in a lab setting. Students may be logged in on
several machines simulataneously or may switch machines without a 2
minute break. Since the home directories are nfs mounted this causes
problems with gconf. I have edited /etc/orbitrc as suggested. Now two
sessions on the same machine work fine but logins on a second machine
still fail. Any ideas?

Firewall issues perhaps? Bad ORBit version?

It turns out to be a firewall-type of issue: tcpwrappers seems to be involved and as indicated in an earlier message on theis list setting ALL:ALL (or ALL:"network addresses") in /etc/hosts.allow seems to make things work. Of course this should _not_ be necessary if we would know the correct daemon name...

Thanks

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow