Re: syncronizing gconf settings on a network

Joshua N Pritikin <vishnu pobox com> writes:

> i have gconf-2 working on my home network.  /home is NFS mounted across
> my machines but all other software is per-machine.
>
> The funny thing is that gconf has different settings depending on
> where i run the first gconf application.  i would prefer it if
> i got the same settings without regard to which machine i start
> the first gconf application.
>
> How do i do this?
>
> Can i move the settings to /home somewhere?

Read http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf for a general idea of what's
going on.

Then look at /etc/gconf/2/path (or 1/path for gconf 1) and you'll see
where it's finding settings. You can point those elsewhere. You
probably also need to redirect where apps install schemas (web page
goes into that some).