configure impossible

Hello,
Being on Linux Suse 7.2, I am trying to configure GConf-1.0.5. (with ./configure -prefix/opt/gnome)
But I get the
following message:

".....
checking for xml-config... /opt/gnome/bin/xml-config
checking for db_env_create in -ldb-3.1... yes
checking for db3/db.h... no
configure: error: db3 library found but db3/db.h not found"

I think I have what is needed for GConf: glib, ORBit, libxml, and popt are
there; I don't know where db3 is (couln't find it?!)
Is this an usual problem? And could anybody tell me what to do?
Thanks

--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo