Re: GConf design goals.
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Colm Smyth <Colm Smyth ireland sun com>, gconf-list gnome org, amuys shortech com au
- Subject: Re: GConf design goals.
- Date: 05 Mar 2001 16:24:29 -0500
> > So which part exactly you think is impossible to edit with VI?
> The point is that you can't rely on having the GTK-based property
> sheets available to edit a CORBA_any. So you would rely on a tool such
> as gconfsole or gconftool or a Perl module.
I was addressing the complain of `But I REALLY NEED TO use VI'. I did
not suggest to use VI myself, and I understand and encourage the
rationale behind using a tool that knows how to talk to the server (a
simple command line tool written in whatever language).
] [Thread Prev