Re: GConf and bonobo-conf

Miguel,

>   You seem to be forgetting that you *still* have to tell users of
>GConf that they should only use it when the underlying data types are
>*never* going to change.

Not at all. Think about this; a structure (by definition) is more
likely to cause application breakage because it is more likely to
evolve. An application would be no longer able to read the structure
automatically using the CORBA_Any interface if:

- any data member changes
- a member is added or deleted
- members are re-ordered

An atomic configuration item is far less likely to change, so it
represents a more robust interface to a piece of configuration data.

Colm.