Re: GConf and bonobo-conf

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> 	Ok; so you might approve generaly of the CORBA_Any if it was
> properly integrated into the GConf API and the evils of ConfigValue went
> away ?

Not responding to the rest of this thread yet, still contemplating it,
but I feel compelled to point out again:

 ConfigValue is an internal implementation detail. For the user of
 GConf at the moment, CORBA does not exist. I could remove the CORBA
 at any time. GConf.idl does not contain any public interfaces.
 The interfaces in there are hideously unusable by the public.

So, please get over ConfigValue. I could just as easily open a socket,
and send some cheesy made-up protocol over it. Using ORBit was simply
a faster way to develop the software. ConfigValue _does_ _not_
_exist_.  ;-)