Re: GConf and bonobo-conf

Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:

> It took Michael two days to implement the missing API for CORBA Any
> handling (Dynany).   It is there now.

I know that, I don't have any objection in principle to using
CORBA_any in GConf.idl, but that doesn't really have anything to do
with the discussion about the public API. If you were going to have
public IDL it wouldn't look like GConf.idl anyway, that interface is
seriously ugly for efficiency and other reasons.

(In practice it might not be a good idea to change GConf.idl because
of freezes and backward compat and such, but sure I would have
implemented it as CORBA_any if it had worked at the time.)