Re: Regexps in schemas?

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:
> Is it possible to make GConf enforce a certain regexp for a string
> value?

No, there's no validation. It won't even enforce the type. Apps needs
to ignore invalid values. (Don't try to "fix" the value from the app
when you get a notify - that makes a big mess. Just ignore the new
value.)

> On an unrelated note, does xml-i18n-tool (the GNOME1 version) support
> GConf schema files? (it'd seem to me that it'd be readily available if
> GConf used the XML standard xml:lang attribute instead of its own <locale>
> hack)

The <locale> hack predates intltool by a year or more. I'd appreciate
someone figuring out how the translations should work.