Re: hang in gconfd
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: <orbit-list gnome org>, <gconf-list gnome org>, gnome-2-0 <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: hang in gconfd
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:46:03 -0500 (EST)
On 10 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> So, Owen discovered today that right now EAGAIN results in some
> infinite-loop action - so this issue results in 100% CPU with ORBit2,
> instead of blocking as in ORBit1.
I fixed that bug a few days back - essentialy not checking the
connection status having done a linc mainloop iteration. Should work with
a HEAD linc. Otherwise - yes, it blocks on write - but we knew that anyway
> Question: do CORBA_Object_non_existant() and the lost-connection
> notification work with an ORBit1 server on the other end?
Yes - if the remote end dies the socket is closed, and that's
what the 'broken' signal is waiting for [ non existant behaves using the
same data ].
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev