LDAP backend anyone?
- From: "Shahms E. King" <shahms shahms com>
- To: gconf-list gnome org
- Subject: LDAP backend anyone?
- Date: 31 Aug 2001 14:28:44 -0700
I was thinking about implementing Netscape roaming profiles in Galeon
(because they're wonderful!) and it occurred to me that this
functionality could be gained for free were I to write a LDAP backend
for GConf instead. so, now I've got 3 questions:
1. is anyone working on this?
2. would there be any interest in this?
3. since I haven't yet looked at actually doing this, how
gracefully does GConf handle backend stuff? say, if the LDAP
server is unavailable will it be able to gracefully fall back
to using a local store?
] [Thread Prev