Re: Why I was getting tons of errors

on 4/20/01 3:08 PM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> That's sort of odd, it should be checking whether the old server is
> actually alive. Hrm.
>
> (nautilus-clean on gconfd really shouldn't be required, gconfd should
> have no problem with Nautilus falling over and doing weird stuff... I
> realize reality may be far from principle, but I don't know of any
> specific problems there.)

The "nautilus-clean.sh -x" just kills all the processes that running
Nautilus can start, which includes oafd and gconfd. I have no particular
fear of gconfd in particular, and I only do that command when there's some
problem. I'd prefer to never type that command again, of course. I used to
refuse to use it on principle; maybe I can go back to that stance some time
soon.

    -- Darin