Re: gconf_client_construct

Murray Cumming <murrayc usa net> writes:
> The Gtk wrapper needs construct functions. I tried to duplicate this in my C++
> wrapper, but I can't get at the clients hash_map.
>
> Would you mind if we *add* these functions to stable? It seems to be the only
> thing stopping me from releasing GConf--.

I don't think it makes sense - there is no way to just create a client
from scratch. (To the extent that there is, simply gtk_type_new
(GCONF_TYPE_CLIENT) is fine, but you end up with a useless object.)

Instead you have to call get_client() which gets a preexisting client
that may already have a wrapper. client_get_for_engine() is NOT
equivalent to something like gconf_client_new_with_engine(), it may
return a preexisting and already-wrapped client.

I would expose this to C++ by having:

 class Client
 {
  public: