Re: gconf storing xml strucutres.

Chema Celorio <chema celorio com> writes:

> 	I was thinking of using gconf to store the printer settings for
> gnome-print. The printer settings are stored in an XML format (I've
> attached
> a copy of this xml structure at the bottom of this message)
>
> 	Does it make sense to use gconf for this ? One of the things we need
> it for different apps to share the printer configuration, so I thought
> gconf
> might be the solution for this.
>
> 	Does it make sense to use gconf with XML data ?

Sure, you just stuff it in as a string.

> 	Does it make sense to use gconf to tackle this problem ?

It depends; is this systemwide configuration, or per-user
configuration?

Right now, using GConf for system configuration hasn't been thought
through really, so it probably isn't a good idea. Though I'd like to
see it thought through.

If it's a per-user setting then GConf is of course perfect. ;-)