LDAP backend (& other backend waffle)

Hi,
    I have upgraded to openldap 2.0.7 and am now having troubles
with schema checks in the LDAP server... so I think that I will have
to define the LDAP schema for my saved config data sooner rather
than later...

I should have this done soon, as well as the localization stuff.

I also had the idea of a backend that saved each key in a new file.
It would be a really bad idea to use that backend unless you are
using a fs that handles lots of little files nicely... but this would
allow the sys-admin to easily backup and search the gconf data with
bash / efm(?) / whatever.

If I go ahead and create this other b/end what is the best way to
integrate it?
just sending the tar.gz to this list?

--
"Warning: Contains nudity, graphic violence, and explicit memory management."