Re: backends (ldap)

monkeyiq dingoblue net au writes:
> I might use string ones,

Be careful, string streams are not portable (and importantly don't
work on most current Linux distributions).

> How badly does the idea of using Java mesh with the whole gconf
> project ?

I think Java introduces even more deployment and linking problems than
C++. I'm not at all sure how a dynamically-loaded module can use a
Java runtime while the main process isn't - how would the garbage
collector work?

You are going to have to deal with lots of fun C memory management
anyhow, due to the interface between the backend and the main GConf
process, so I'm not sure C++ or Java are going to get you anywhere.