Re: GConf and packaging

Guillaume Assire <alphagolf@altern.org> writes:
> First of all, GConf doesn't make use of DESTDIR in all of its
> subdirectories. This forced me to give a bunch of parameters to the make
> install : prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT`gnome-config --prefix` etc... So that
> RPM effectively installs all of GConf in its fake root, rather than
> failing with "permission denied" (since I'm not root).

A patch was applied recently that should fix this.

> How could I prevent GConf to do so at build time, in the make install,
> and execute this as a post-install script of RPM for instance ? I heard
> you talking of the use of several databases (or maybe I'm wrong), that
> would do the trick but how could I set that up ?

This would be an issue for the EOG makefile. I don't know what the
best solution is; I suppose we need a makefile target that doesn't do
the gconftool stuff. (Or you could just let it fail during make
install, then go ahead and do it in postinst also...)