Help: large memory usage for liferea, firefox or gDesklet

Dear all,

I'm using the garnome 2.14.2. I met an issue since I changed from garnome 2.12 to 2.14. All the GNOME 2.14 series have this issue on my pc.
The issue is:
If I start the application liferea, it will try to allocate memory more than 1G.
If I using the firefox to save a file using the the file-selector("Save as") to find a proper location, firefox(file-selector ?) will use more than 1G memory.
If I use the gDesklet, to use the manage desklet (file selector?) to find the desklet, it will allocate memory more that 1G.

When I am using the gnome2.12, there is no such issue. I suspect that the gnome 2.14 using a new memory system (new gtk lib), and maybe the file-selector has problem with the new gtk.

And I test the liferea from 1.0.12 to 1.0.21, all the versions have this issue.
I did not test this issue with gnome 2.15.9. I'll try when 2.16 is released in mid-Sept.

Is there anyone have  met this issue and have any idea about this issue?
I'll provide more details when I have more time and the details.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sean