Re: garnome install not working

*sigh*  I meant to move the references to the end before sending...

> The solution has been mentioned in the previous thread. You'd need to
> change every single garball's Makefile to use .gz rather than .bz2. Plus
> you need to adjust all checksums files. Well, or "drop the checksum
> stage" by using a fake md5sum that returns true without actually
> checking anything.
>
> Yes, this is a lot of work, or a very good shell script...

Actually, some simple commands are sufficient.

This simple command changes the file names from bz2 to gz. This is an
example for the platform/ meta-garball only. It should be easy to
adjust.

$ sed -i -r -e "s/(^DISTFILES = .*)\.tar\.bz2(.*)/\1.tar.gz\2/" platform/*/Makefile

After that is done, this simple command will adjust the checksums, again
as an example for platform/. The GARCHIVEDIR must point to the correct
dir holding all your tarballs for this to work, otherwise GARNOME will
attempt to download the gzip'd tarballs first.

$ for d in platform/*/; do make -C $d makesum; done

Note: I am assuming that the tarballs provided by your magazine are
correct with respect to the archives integrity as well as the version
numbers.

Note: I checked the results, briefly. I did not run any full tests.

Also note, that my previous comments regarding possibly missing tarballs
still stand. You'll need the freedesktop/ ones plus a bunch of tarballs
in bootstrap/, office/ and others. Providing official GNOME tarballs
only is not sufficient to build GNOME, due to some external
dependencies.

Please feel free to complain to your magazine for selling an untested
and pretty much unusable CD.

...guenther