Re: Error building nautilus from garnome 2.14.1

guenther wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 09:20 -0400, Bill White wrote:
I think this is a version skew problem, but I'm not sure.  I get
undefined symbols building nautilus.  The symbols are:
   g_intern_static_string
   g_intern_static_string follow
   g_object_compat_control
   g_slice_alloc
   g_slice_alloc0
   g_slice_free1
   g_slice_free_chain_with_offset
   g_thread_pool_set_sort_function
These look like glib symbols to my untrained eye.  I have ubuntu,
with libglib2.0 version 2.8.3-0ubuntu1.

Has anybody else seen this?  TIA.

Well, GARNOME ships with glib (platform/glib), since it is an integral
part of GNOME. The version installed by your distro should not matter at
all.

What would be the entire error message?

...guenther

I have to regenerate it, which I'll try to do later this afternoon.  But
the problem seems to be that /usr/lib/libglib.so (or something close to
that) is getting into the load line created by libtool.  I don't remember
which version of libtool I'm using for this, and I can't check.  I"m at
work and not at home where my Garnome build is.

I'll try to reconstruct it later this afternoon.