Re: Why xml2po runs so slow in top folder of garnome/desktop?

Calvin,

The issue may be which version of xml2po you are using.

xml2po is a python script that is built and installed as part of
gnome-doc-utils.

When you build from the desktop folder, you are using the search path
set by GARNOME in gar.conf.mk. When you build from the $WORKSRC
directory *without* first establishing a GARNOME environment, you are
using the default search path set by your shell.

On my system, an FC-4 clone for PPC:

        /opt/garnome/bin/xml2po:     VERSION = 0.6.0
        /usr/bin/xml2po:             VERSION - 0.4.3

Given the number of time xml2po is called, it would be an interesting
exercise to see if a rewrite in C or C++ would signficantly enhance
performance.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net