Re: Building gnomemeeting-1.22

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 12:30 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, PhD wrote:
> There are some yet to be resolved licensing issues with openh323/pwlib
> that Paul was looking into.

pwlib/work/main.d/pwlib-1.8.7/ReadMe.txt under license:

openh323 has the same license.

---snip---

9. Licensing
------------

The bulk of this library is licensed under the MPL (Mozilla Public
License)
version 1.0. In simple terms this license allows you to use the library
for
any purpose, commercial or otherwise, provided the library is kept in
tact
as a separate entity and any changes made to the library are made
publicly
available under the same (MPL) license. It is important to realise that
that
refers to changes to the library and not your application that is merely
linked to the library.

Note that due to a restriction in the GPL, any application you write
that
uses anything another than GPL, eg our library with MPL, is technically
in
breach of the GPL license. However, it should be noted that MPL does not
care about the license of the final application, and as only the author
of
the GPL application is in breach of his own license and is unlikely to
sue
themselves for that breach, in practice there is no problem with a GPL
application using an MPL or any other commercial library.

---snip---

It seems ok to me. Both Fedora (Red Hat) and Ubuntu (Debian) ship
pwlib/openh323 so it seems absurd to me that we wouldn't include a
garball for them. Especially when you consider that we don't ship any
software, just a link to the software. Paul...?

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome