No printers available

Hi.
I've just started using garnome-2.12 with fc4, having gotten dbus and
hald running properly.
My current problem is this: In printing from gnome applications
(epiphany, evolution), no printers other than the PDF and PS writers are
shown in the print dialog. This despite the fact that the garnome-built
gnome-cups-manager shows all the printers I've previously installed.
Even when I add a new printer, it does not show up in the print dialog.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Ittai