Re: Proyect garnome-educ

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 11:23 -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Hello, I want to present garnome-educ. The propose of this project is
> to facilitate the test and use of educative programs developed with
> the Gnome platform.

Great. :)

> Basicamente are some small patchs and the integration of the projects
> to the desktop, with icons and entrances in the menu. At the moment
> the following programs comprise of the project:
[...]

Frankly, I didn't had a close look at your zip file, but by a quick
glimpse it looks like it is simply a new meta-garball.

That's what I would have assumed anyhow, btw. ;)  Personally I have some
apps in a private meta-garball myself. That approach is totally fine. :)

I just wonder about the "patches" you mentioned. Do you really need to
patch any part of the official GARNOME releases? If so, which parts?

> This project was tested with garnome 2.12 in a fedora core 4 system.
> It is a work in progress, it interests me to know if have sense to add
> it to the project garnome or to maintain it like a separated project.
> What you think?

There are no strict rules about which app get in into GARNOME, but
basically it's based upon common requests. We can't ship everything
available with GARNOME...

That said, my personal opinion is to have it as a separate project.
Separate, but related -- adding the entire stack of educational apps is
as easy as extracting the compressed archive in the GARNOME build root.

And maybe you can convince Paul to add your project to the External
Resources [1] page... ;)

...guenther

[1] http://cipherfunk.org/garnome/resources.html