fontconfig: index generation unhappiness

fontconfig choked while attempting to build the indexes for type1 fonts
[running a wrapper version of fc-cache, which it has yet to install]

I am building against Xorg-6.8.2 [this time around], but I saw similar
behavior when building against Xfree-4.x earlier this week.

* first choked on /usr/share/fonts/hebrew
which came from fonts-hebrew-0.100-4

I hid these and rolled on.

* next choked on /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1
which came from urw-fonts-2.1-7

I hid these and rolled on.

* last it choked on /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
which came from Xorg-6.8.2

I hid these and the install completed.

TO check that the source of the problem was not caused by the wrapper
version of fc-cache:

* set garnome-environment
* run "/opt/garnome/bin/fc-cache -f -v"

chokes when it hits the Hebrew fonts.