Garnome 2.10.x on SuSe 9.2 ?

I'm trynig to migrate an old RH 9 system over to SuSE 9.2. Since I run
garnome on my other box, I'd hoped to be able to get it running on
SuSE as well.

It compiles fine, but as soon as I start gnome-session, the panel
wedges and that's the end of it. No amount of dot-file deletion
appears to make any difference (I tried it from a new account
as well). I even removed all of the 'stock' gnome stuff to see
if that made a difference.

Are there known issues around this ? I'd rather not run two
different versions of gnome if I can manage it, and upgrading
to 9.3 is out of the question thanks to an extremely poorly
supported legacy app..

	John A.