Application Panel still disappears after 500ms in garnome-2.10.2

Dear list members,

in the top panel I have the 3 items "Applications", "Places" and "Desktop".

Clicking "Applications" shows me lot of items for about 500ms.
Of course, Ican't select anything in this short time. "Places" and "Desktop" work fine,
i.e. I can choose, for example, "Places->Recent Documents".

The variables $XDG_DATA_DIRS and $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS are set.

This problem was discussed in this forum already. Other members shared my experience by saying, that this problem did not exist for them (and not for me) in garnome-2.10.0 and garnome-2.10.0.1.
I think it was introduced with either garnome-2.10.1.0 or 2.10.1.1

I'm just curious to know, if there is somebody out there who had this
"fast disappearing" Applications-panel and was able to solve it in
garnome-2.10.2.

I appreciate any hints

Ciao Ruediger