building firefox: revisited...

firefox-1.04 does not run when built within the unstable GARNOME
environment where:

        # For Unstable GARNOME, things are assumed to be heavily broken
        CONFIGURE_ARGS += --enable-debug --enable-tests
        CFLAGS += -g
        CXXFLAGS += -g

One artifact is a version of libmozjs.so that is both huge, and broken.

Earlier I had reported:

        Replacing the installed version of libmozjs.so built with these
        flags by a version built last week without these flags allows
        firefox and epiphany to run.

        I took an initial swag at removing these troublesome options by
        using sed magic in the Makefile. That didn't work [yet], which
        is really, really annoying.

In that attempt I had used sed magic to flip

	--enable-debug
and
	--enable-tests
	--disable-debug
and
	--disable-tests

which should have worked, but didn't for whatever reason
[fumble-fingers. maybe???].

Anyway... I took another run at it. This time I used sed magic to
clobber *all* of the unstable GARNOME settings. That worked. See the
attached Makefile.

As a check...If the unstable release version of gar.gnome.mk is replaced
by the stable version of gar.gnome.mk [see attachment], the same result
is obtained.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net