Re: totem fails

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 22:27 +0400, Muravev Ilya wrote:
> I built Garnome 2.10.1.1, everything is good, but totem cant startup,-
> "Resource is busy". I see it in gdb,- bacon_video_widget_new() return
> NULL, because device (video, audio?) is not ready (busy).
>
> What does it mean? What conference for totem I can ask for that?

It sounds like totem is trying to use a sound sink that something else
has claimed, most commonly, this is seen on Ubuntu installs where
'esdsink' is the default sound driver, but 'osssink' is the gstreamer
default.

You can check which one totem is *trying* to use by running:
gstreamer-properties from a terminal.

Failing that, the gstreamer that is included in the upcoming 2.10.2
release has a workaround for this problem.

Regards,

Paul