Re: gnome-spell-1.0.5 errors on 2.9.4

> gnome-spell depends on either aspell or pspell. It even checks for some
> aspell_pspell somewhere, IIRC.

That's actually the intended purpose of the office/gnome-spell/
gar-base.diff file, which adds a check for pspell if a suitable aspell
hasn't been found.

> AFAIK using pspell doesn't make a lot of sense these days, as it got
> kind of "included" into aspell or some such, removing nasty circular
> dependencies. Not entire sure about this, but it's what I got told by
> some packager, if I recall this correctly.

Except that aspell 0.50 isn't actually available on a number of systems
that I support GARNOME on ... hence the patch.

> FWIW, using aspell always worked for me and the entire Evolution mailing
> list. :-)

OTOH, pspell works flawlessly for me with evolution from CVS on a Red
Hat 9 box :)

Regards,

Paul