Re: garnome-2.9.3 startup script

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 22:24 -0600, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:
> Do I need to set a bonobo server path
> in /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml?

I don't think so. Nautilus doesn't use bonobo and I doubt that bonobo
has anything to do with the mime problems you are having. But I don't
know enough about the mime stuff in GNOME to be sure??? :(

> and what about the XDG_DATA_HOME environment variable?

As far as I know nothing in GNOME currently uses XDG_DATA_HOME.

> This is getting a little frustating, because now I don't have the
> nautilus scripts menu on a right-click.

2.9.x is the development (unstable) branch after all so stuff not
working is normal.

You're not alone. :( mime-type associations are currently broken in 2.9.
They don't work for me either. What problems are you having specifically
with menus? I think that I read some where that the mime stuff is being
reworked in 2.9 (or at least I hope it is).

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bobk/garnome