Re: gnome problem

Kindly review the GARNOME README once more. A *properly* installed and *properly* configured GARNOME environment is independent of any system installed GNOME desktop.

-Joseph

n.g. wrote:
hi,
i built gnome-2.12.2 from sources, it runs well,
except today i removed old gtk2 and gnome(2.10) in /usr,
then my desktop dont act correctly, for example, keyboard actions
cannot be interpreter properly: ALT-TAB cant switch between windows;
gnome-terminal screen font and background-color changed to another
style; all icons on my desktop replaced by a same sheet image.

seems gnome build linked to old version of libs reside in /usr.
if anyone knows what package should be recompiled?

also my new gnome has an empty applications menu, when i click on the
Applications button on top-left corner of the screen, nothing showes,
anybody knows why?

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net