Re: Building gnome on an off-line machine.

(1) edit gar.conf.mk
define a location for GARCHIVE

(2) cd to top of source tree

(3) run 'make garchive'
which will download all of the garballs, except those in bootstrap

(4) cd to bootstrap

(5) run 'make garchive'
which will download all of the garballs in bootstrap

-Joseph

Altman, Joel G. (JSC-CC)[LM] wrote:

I would like to run GARNOME on a stand-alone Linux machine that has no Internet connection. I have a machine connected to the Internet, but it is running windows. How can I download the files to a flash disk on the windows machine and move it to the GARCIVEDIR on the Linux machine?

Joel

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net