Re: Probs with 2.12.2.1

On 12/9/05, Adam Worrall <abworrall gmail com> wrote:
> On 12/9/05, Joseph E. Sacco, PhD <joseph_sacco comcast net> wrote:
> > Adam,
> >
> > This particular build problem arises when the linker picks up the wrong
> > set of firefox libs. Looking at the trace you posted, I see include
> > files being used that are not from the GARNOME firefox build. So
> > something is amiss.
>
> OK, I've tracked it down a bit further. At that point in the build,
> firefox is trying to link (amongst other things) libnss3.so.

... and a bit further still :)

The mozilla build system places any LDFLAGS ahead of its own libdirs
when composing the cc command. So if you have an old mozilla in libs
found via LDFLAGS, the firefox compilation will try and link against
it, and you'll get linker errors.

Quick workaround: remove said libraries from /usr/lib/64 :)

I'm using LDFLAGS to get garnome to link against /usr/lib64 etc., as
I'm on x86_64. Is there another way to do this, avoiding LDFLAGS ? I'm
guessing fixing the firefox build system to reorder where LDFLAGS is
expanded isn't worth the pain ...

 - Adam