Re: garnome-2.12.2 build error

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:17:54 +0100
guenther <guenther rudersport de> wrote:

> > Using Vector Linux SOHO version 5.1beta1 with updates from Slackware
> > 10.2 - I got similar errors with "pure" Slackware 10.2 as well as
> > Vector 5.1 standard.
> >
> > gcc --version
> > gcc (GCC) 3.4.4
> >
> > automake --version
> > automake (GNU automake) 1.9.5
> >
> > I made no changes to gar.conf.mk
> >
> > Here are the error messages, sorry about the line-wrap; I hesitate
> > to send the configure log but if it really is needed let me know
> > and I will send it. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Making all in qt
> [...]
> > -MF .deps/message.Tpo -c ../qt/message.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC
> > -o .libs/message.o no connection.h > connection.moc /bin/sh: no:
> > command not found make[9]: *** [connection.moc] Error 127 make[9]:
> > Leaving directory
> > `/home/myles/tmp/garnome-2.12.2/freedesktop/dbus/work/main.d/dbus-0.50/qt'

Hi and thanks for your response, my apologies for taking so long to get
back to you on this.

> Hmm, looks like the dbus qt bindings are being detected and built, but
> for some reason fail. To check this:
>
> $ cd freedesktop/dbus
> $ make clean
> $ make configure
>
> Then have a look at the report at the end. Does it say "Building Qt
> bindings: yes" for you?

Yes it did.

> You can disable building the qt bindings. Edit
> freedesktop/dbus/Makefile and change this line
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --enable-glib --enable-gtk
>
> to read
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --enable-glib --enable-gtk --disable-qt
>
> Then run 'make clean; make configure' again for dbus. If this works,
> build dbus with 'make install'. After that, just run the command you
> used in the first place to build GARNOME again, it will pick up where
> it left off.

OK that cleared that problem up. I encountered several other errors
including a 404 error for expat. I solved the last one by going to the
expat home page and grabbing the source from there. It's been several
days since I last tried to tackle this, I'll try to give it another go
later in the week and let you know how I make out.

Thanks again for your help.

Myles