Re: GARNOME 2.11.91

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 23:24 +0200, Ivan Noris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> quoting README:
>
> (regarding 2.4 versus 2.6. kernels, dbus and hal)
>
>     To fix this, you have two options:
>
>     * Upgrade to a 2.6 kernel, and compile 'bootstrap/dbus' and
> 'bootstrap/hal'
>
>     or
>
>     * Remove the affected components
>       (currently only 'desktop/gnome-volume-manager') from your GARNOME build
>       by typing:
>
>       rm -rf desktop/gnome-volume-manager
>
> That package used to be the only one, but not today:
> I've found this when building nautilus-cd-burner. Whis does contain references
> to dbus and hal. Needed to comment them out to be able to build on 2.4
> kernel.

Actually, now there's *quite a few* that fit into this category -- a
patch that added a "non-2.6.x-linux" option to gar.conf.mk would be a
very good idea.

Of course, that's the easy bit, making all the patches to subvert the
dbus/hal bits is much harder, since I lost access to my range of BSD
boxes, i'm not even sure hal/dbus will build properly there anymore :/

Regards,

Paul