Re: GARNOME 2.10.1

Niels,

If the GNOME-2.6 installation is the default GNOME installation on your
system as it is on my system, there is no need to hide it. GAR will do
all the right things to the environment [set up PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
etc.] assuming that you edited gar.conf.mk and set main_prefix to
something sane like

	main_prefix ?= /opt/garnome

There is an order in which things need to be done:
* read over the README several times.
* add whatever dependencies you are missing
	- using the package management system for your variety of linux
	- building/installing stuff from the bootstrap directory
* build / install desktop

Once you get this far you can build the rest in pretty much whatever
order you choose.  The one caveat is if you intend to build the
mono-based applications, you wind up rebuilding dbus and gmime afer you
have the mono stack installed. Because if this you might want to build
the mono stack after you have built/installed the desktop and then build
dbus and hal before building anything else.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net