Trying to add non-standard configured things to Garnome ...

This isn't a Garnome issue, but you guys seem to know a lot about
GAR, so ...

I've ended up adding a lot of extra stuff to the garnome build,
which works wonderfully. However, I've bumped into problems
with openSSL, which has a non-standard configure.

All I want to do is execute

  $ $(WORKSRC)/config --prefix=$(prefix)

So I setup the GAR makefile with

  CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/config
  CONFIGURE_ARGS = --prefix=$(prefix)

but this doesn't work; I get complaints about

 No rule to make target
`configure-/my/gar/src/work/openssl/main.d/openssl-0.9.7g/config

because of some magic within gar.gnome.mk. On top of that, a
load of extra arguments get passed to the configure script.

I've worked around this by creating my own files/configure script
that I invoke from pre-configure:, but it's a bit hacky. Is there a
nicer way to get this done ?

Many thanks for a lovely build system :)

 - Adam