Re: weird make behaviour

%% Wojtek <wojtekr gmail com> writes:

  w> This partition has reiser4 filesystem. Maybe that's causing such
  w> weird make behaviour?

It must be.  I don't know much about reiser, but I think that it makes
metadata about files available through the filesystem, as pseudo-files.

  w> paranoid-%:
  w>         @for i in $(filter-out CVS/,$(wildcard */)) ; do \

It seems that all the files in the directory are being returned with "/"
appended to them, instead of just the directories.

It's interesting that this is the code being used anyway; why not use
this:

 >  paranoid-%:
 >         @for i in $(filter-out CVS/.,$(wildcard */.)) ; do \

which is a bit more explicit?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools