Problem building gnomemeeting in 2.8.0

Hi all; I have a Debian "sarge" system and I'm trying to build garnome
2.8.0... I started using garnome just yesterday but I've had tons of
experience building and hacking OSS.

I've worked through the CUPS issue, etc. but now I've run into something
I haven't found on the mailing lists or README, etc.: gnomemeeting
is failing to configure because of this:

 > checking for PWLib version... 1.6.6
 > configure: error: Sorry but the recommended PWLib version is 1.6.5

Sure enough, Debian sarge has libpt 1.6.6 and that's what I have
installed.  I poked around looking for a libpt-dev 1.6.5 deb to replace
it but no joy.

I was thinking I would just tell gnomemeeting to use PWLib 1.6.6 instead
(or does the new version break it?), but there doesn't seem to be any
configure option that can do this.  What do I do, from a garnome
standpoint?  Is there a way to apply a patch after unpacking, like in
Portage?  Or something else?

Of course I can always just skip gnomemeeting but I actually do use this
app sometimes so if it's not ridiculously difficult I'd like to build it.

Thanks...!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools