Re: building garnome-2.8.0 fails: libgnomeprint needs geektoys/libgnomecups as dependency

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 13:24 -0700, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> I got the following error:
>
>         checking for libgnomecups-1.0 >= 0.1.0... Package libgnomecups-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>         Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomecups-1.0.pc'
>         to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>         No package 'libgnomecups-1.0' found
>
> I added "geektoys/libgnomecups" to LIBDEPS in
> platform/libgnomeprint/Makefile, and it's back to building normally.
> FYI.

It only happens if you have CUPS installed on your build machine. There
is no hard dependency on CUPS in libgnomeprint; if CUPS is not
installed, libgnomeprint will compile without support for it. I guess
that is why there is no dep in the garball.

Cheers,
Jens