Re: problems restarting gnome

su, 31-10-2004 kello 13:18 +1100, Glenn Mason kirjoitti:

> If you ctl-alt-backspace, you are killing the Xserver ... so Gnome
> doesn't have a chance to shutdown gracefully.  Thus, there are some

Gnome shipped with some distros is set up to catch ctl-alt-bs and exit.
I'm not sure if this is default in some gnome versions but seem to
recall that the 2.5.9 I built from garnome exited neatly on ctl-alt-bs,
so that would suggest 2.6 might do it by default. 2.8 definitely does
not afaics.

--
Aapi Hämäläinen           <aapi soho joensuu fi>
Planning Officer            tel: +358 13 2517961